Thursday, September 18, 2008

Animal Dreams

My favorite quote of all so far from Animal Dreams would most likely be from when Codi and Loyd are in the court yard of the old pueblos fooling around and Codi says, "Is that a condom in your pocket, cause if it is its my lucky day." I thought that this was a really funny quote, and it also shows how Codi is starting to grow comfortable back in Grace. It also shows how Loyd is helping Codi make the Figurative transition from sucking on Hallie's teet to being able to be fine on her own. It is also the start of when Loyd and Codi really start to like each other and turn more serious.
So Far my favorite character in the book is Loyd. I like Loyd alot cause he can get the women, but he is still a cool guy. He does not act like a jerk to Codi, and he is able to have a good time. I also like him because of his connection to his ancestry and his home. I think that that is important, and I have always thought Native Americans have had smart views on life. Loyd also happens to have a super cool dog Jack, and I too have a dog named Jack that happens to act alot like how Loyd's Jack acts.
So far from the book I believe that one of the most important scenes is when Codi goes with Loyd to visit his family. While Codi is there she learns alot of things that really make her think. This is when she starts to realize that she can control her life and that she can make a home where she wants it. She is slowly starting to realize that she can control her life, and that it is up to her to decide what happens to her, not some random cause. This is also another time that brings Codi closer to Loyd, by meeting his family Codi really gets to know Loyd. That is why I thought this part of the book was so important.

No comments: